with applications to VLSI Diagnosis
Concurrent Systems, Petri Nets
with applications to control problems
Distributed AI, Multi-Agent Systems
- Work on theoretical foundations concerning control and
- Formal descriptions of Multi-Agent Systems.
- Applications to Socionics (interdisciplinary projects sociology +
- Social impacts to design and implementation.
- Hybrid systems of humans and machines: Role concepts.
- Incremental strategies for system development.
- Clinical Information Systems (cooperation with Charite,
- Knowledge Management (electronic patient records).
- Time Management.
Case Based Reasoning
- Theory and practice of systems which use experience for improvement
- Retrieval under similarity conditions.
- Applications to Knowledge Management and Control of Autonomous
Several systems for Knowledge
Management, e.g. for Siemens.
Agent Control, Intelligent Autonomous Robots
- Theory and Practice of (symbolic) mental models for control of
- Real time conditions in dynamically changing environments.
- Application to autonomous agents and service robots:
- Design of high level control.
- Case Based Reasoning methods in perception and control.
- RoboCup (soccer playing robots) as testbed.